Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
To find books at UNC Asheville, Appalachian State University or Western Carolina University, start with our catalog.
Choose "Request Item" to have books from ASU or WCU delivered to UNC Asheville via ABC Express.
To find books beyond our library network, try WorldCat.
Materials not held within our network can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Searching the Library Catalog by Subject
It's usually best to start with a keyword search, but subject headings applied to relevant books can help to refine your results. Open the item record of a book that interests you. Scroll down to the clickable subject headings, and run another search to explore similar books.
You can also browse the headings associated with a particular topic as a way of getting started with your research.
Browsing by Call Number
Books about physics fall within the QC call number range on the lower floor of the library.
- QC24-QC75 --General
- QC81-QC114 --Weights and measures
- QC120-QC168.85 --Descriptive and experimental mechanics
- QC170-QC197 --Atomic physics
- QC221-QC246 --Acoustics. Sound
- QC310.15-QC319 --Thermodynamics
- QC350-QC467--Optics. Light
- QC450-QC467 --Spectroscopy
- QC474-QC496.9 --Radiation physics General
- QC501-QC766--Electricity and magnetism
- QC669-QC675.8 --Electromagnetic theory
- QC676-QC678.6 --Radio waves Theory
- QC701-QC715.4 --Electric discharge
- QC717.6-QC718.8 --Plasma physics. Ionized gases
- QC750-QC766 --Magnetism
- QC770-QC798--Nuclear and particle physics
- QC793-QC793.5 --Elementary particle physics
- QC794.95-QC798 --Rdioactivity and radioactive substances
- QC801-QC809 --Geophysics. Cosmic physics
- QC811-QC849 --Geomagnetism