Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
Worried About Losing Your References?
Don't be. You will continue to have access to RefWorks after you graduate!
Creating & Exporting Bibliographies
- To create a bibliography, click the gray "Create Bibliography" button at the top of the screen
- Choose an output formatting style for your bibliography (example: APA or MLA)
- Choose a file type (example: Word 2000 or OpenOffice)
- Choose which references to include. If you have organized your references into folders, you will be able to choose a folder to export
- Click "Create Bibliography"
- If you have chosen to download a file, you will be prompted to open or save your document. If you have chosen HTML output, your bibliography will open in a new tab.
Creating a Bibliography Instructional Video
RefWorks provides a variety of instuctional materials to help researchers learn best practices for using the application. See below for more resources.