Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
- To create a folder, click "New Folder" at the top of the screen
- Enter a name for your new folder, then click "Create"
Worried About Losing Your References?
Don't be. You will continue to have access to RefWorks after you graduate!
Putting Citations into Folders
There are several ways to add citations to folders.
- Drag-and-Drop: Click and hold the gray bar above the citation and drag it to the folders on the right side of the screen.
- Edit Citation: Click the "Edit" button on the gray bar above the citation (it is shaped like a piece of paper and a pencil).
Choose a folder under the "Add to Folder" option.
- To share your citations, click the gray "Organize & Share Folders" tab
- Click the "Share Folder" button to the right of the folder name
- Confirm that you want to share the folder
- Use the menu to edit title, description and sharing privileges. The provided URL allows public access to the folder.
- You can later remove the sharing by clicking the same icon.
Organizing Citations Instructional Video
Searching for Citations Instructional Video
RefWorks provides a variety of instuctional materials to help researchers learn best practices for using the application. See below for more resources.