Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
Due to COVID-19, there have been changes to lab procedures. Please click here for details.
The Media Design Lab is available to currently enrolled UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff on a first-come, first-served basis.
Food and drink are not allowed at the computers.
Lab computers are erased. Be sure to save your files to Google Drive before you leave. Click here for instructions.
Be sure to save your work frequently in case the software locks up.
Duplicating Copyrighted Material
- You may contact the copyright holder for permission to duplicate. Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis and must be obtained in writing.
- A faculty member needing a DVD copy of a program may contact their department’s bibliographer who can purchase a copy and place it in Ramsey Library’s collection for checkout. Each department is allotted money for this purpose.
- Faculty members may place media on reserve at the Ramsey Library circulation desk.
- Fair Use allows certain leeway in the duplication of a portion of a copyrighted work. Click here for Ramsey Library's explanation of copyright and fair use.
- UNC Asheville students, faculty and staff have free access to view a wide selection of films offered through the Kanopy media streaming service. Visit: https://unca.kanopy.com
We can show you how!