Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
The Library will accept donations of library materials and monetary gifts designated for the purchase of library materials in accordance with the following criteria:
- Publications received as gifts or designated to be purchased with monetary gifts will be evaluated by the same standards that apply to new materials being selected.
- The library has the right to decide whether donations will be added to the collections or sold/discarded. Decisions will be made by the Collection Management Librarian in consultation with the interested bibliographers. The library will not accept gifts with conditions as to their disposition or location (except with permission of the Library Director). Items not selected for addition to the collections will be discarded/recycled according to the surplus property procedures of the State of North Carolina.
- Generally, the library will not accept copies of materials already in the collections or any print journals or cds.
- Appraisal of gift materials is the responsibility of the donor. The library does not appraise gifts.
- If you are considering giving a Gift donation larger than 50 items please submit a list including Author, Title and isbn # to Barb Svenson (email@example.com) so that we may determine which books we are able to accept.