Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
The CrAFTy Crew is Available for Chat, Email, and Phone Assistance
Monday - Friday • 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are not available to answer questions in person.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to keep our UNC Asheville community safe!
Chat with the CrAFTy Crew
3D Printing Information
3D Printing In Ramsey Library
The CrAFT Studio features three (3) 3D printers that are available for current UNC Asheville student, faculty, and staff use with a valid OneCard number.
3D Printers Filament and Pricing
3D Printing Request Process
- Submit your request; submit your request via the 3D Printing Submission Form as an STL or OBJ file.
- Approve of the estimate; a member of The CrAFTy Crew will contact you within one (1) business day with confirmation that your file is able to be printed and with an estimated price. If there are issues with your file, those will be addressed during this process. You must approve of the estimate before the charge is applied to your library account.
- Pay for the request; if you selected Credit Card as your payment method, you will receive a follow-up e-mail from one of the CrAFTy Crew with a price and notification that the charge is applied to your library account. You can pay for your submissions at the Circulation Desk on the main level of the library. If you selected Departmental Invoice, a valid departmental fund number must be provided before request can be processed. Requests must be paid for, either by credit card or by providing a valid departmental fund number, before they are processed, and requests not paid for within seven (7) days from the submission date will be deleted.
- The Crew creates your items; our CrAFTy Crew gets to work fulfilling your request! After it is completed, each item is wiped down with an isopropyl alcohol solution and set aside to quarantine for an appropriate period of time (usually one business day). Please note; specialty filaments or the SLA Form 2 printer takes an additional day for processing and finishing.
- Pick up your completed items; you will receive an email when your items are successfully created and ready to go with a link to the contactless pick up and drop off calendar. You will select a 15 minute window to come pick up your completed and sanitized items!