3D Printing In Ramsey Library
The CrAFT Studio features three (3) 3D printers that are available for current UNC Asheville student, faculty, and staff use with a valid RockyCard number.
3D Printers Filament and Pricing
3D Printing Request Process
- Submit your request; submit your request via the 3D Printing Submission Form as an STL or OBJ file.
- Approve of the estimate; a member of The CrAFTy Crew will contact you within one (1) business day with confirmation that your file is able to be printed and with an estimated price. If there are issues with your file, those will be addressed during this process. You must approve of the estimate before the charge is applied to your library account.
- Pay for the request; if you selected Credit Card as your payment method, you will receive a follow-up e-mail from one of the CrAFTy Crew with a price and notification that the charge is applied to your library account. You can pay for your submissions at the Circulation Desk on the main level of the library. If you selected Departmental Invoice, a valid departmental fund number must be provided before request can be processed. Requests must be paid for, either by credit card or by providing a valid departmental fund number, before they are processed, and requests not paid for within seven (7) days from the submission date will be deleted.
- The Crew creates your items; our CrAFTy Crew gets to work fulfilling your request! Please note; specialty filaments or the SLA Form 2 printer takes an additional day for processing and finishing.
- Pick up your completed items; you will receive an email when your items are successfully created and ready to go with instructions on how to pick them up.