Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
The CrAFT Studio will move to operating on an as-needed basis starting November 20, 2020 until the beginning of the Spring 2021 semester.
Please contact the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance with your printing needs so a time to print your items can be scheduled.
We are offering the following services during modified COVID-19 operations:
• Large Format Printing
• 3D Printing
• Button Making
• Desktop Cutting & Design
• Contactless pick up BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
• Online support via Google Meet (email@example.com) during our normal operating hours.
Please note that there are extended processing times in place to ensure the safest possible services for our campus community.
NEW! Desktop Cutting System in Ramsey Library
Ramsey Library is now happy to offer desktop cutting with the Silhouette Cameo 3 in the CrAFT Studio, located on the Lower Level, available for current UNC Asheville student, faculty, and staff use with a valid UNC Asheville e-mail address.
Material Types and Pricing
More details on the types of materials we stock is on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
||Pricing per square inch
* contact Amanda Glenn-Bradley
for approval of materials
||$2.00 flat machine usage fee
(includes weeding and finishing
by CrAFT Studio Staff)
||Standard (Orcal 651)
|Special (Glitter/Heat Transfer)
|Heat Press Usage
||$2.00 flat machine usage fee
Please allow three (3) business days turnaround time for processing.
File Submission Process
- Submit your job via the Desktop Printing Form as a static image file (e.g. JPEG, PNG, or TIFF). No other file types will be accepted.
- A CrAFT Studio Technician will contact you within one (1) business day with confirmation that your design is viable and with an estimated price. If there are issues with your file, those will be addressed during this process. You must approve of the estimate before the charge is applied to your library account.
- If you selected Credit Card as your payment method and approved of the charge, you will receive an e-mail notification that the charge is active on your library account. You can pay for your prints at the Circulation Desk on the main level of the library. Prints must be paid for before they are processed, and prints not paid for within seven (7) days from the submission date will be deleted.
- If you selected Departmental Invoice as your payment method, your print will be queued after we receive confirmation from the department that the print can be invoiced. For information about charging to a department, contact Amanda Glenn-Bradley, User Engagement Librarian & Coordinator of the CrAFT Studio.
- Once we receive confirmation of your print job being paid for, a technician will process your design. Please allow three (3) business days for processing.
- You will be notified by e-mail when your item is ready to pick up from the CrAFT Studio on the lower level of the library and prompting you to schedule an appointment for contactless pickup.