Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
The CrAFTy Crew is Available for Chat, Email, and Phone Assistance
Monday - Friday • 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are not available to answer questions in person.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to keep our UNC Asheville community safe!
Chat with the CrAFTy Crew
Desktop Cutting Information
NEW! Laminator in Ramsey Library
Ramsey Library is now happy to offer laminating with the Xyron PRO 1255 cold laminator in the CrAFT Studio, located on the Lower Level, available for current UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff use with a valid UNC Asheville e-mail address.
|8.5 x 11 (Letter)
|11 x 17 (Tabloid)
|12 x 18 (Tabloid Oversize)
|Custom (The laminator can accommodate custom jobs that do not exceed twelve (12) inches wide.)
||$2.50 per linear foot
Please allow three (3) business days turnaround time for processing.
Laminating Request Process
- Submit the request; submit a request using the Laminating ONLY Submission Form. You can add laminating services onto applicable Large Format Printing requests on that submission form!
- Pay for the request; if you selected Credit Card as your payment method, you will receive a follow-up e-mail from one of the CrAFTy Crew with a price and notification that the charge is applied to your library account. You can pay for your submissions at the Circulation Desk on the main level of the library. If you selected Departmental Invoice, a valid departmental fund number must be provided before request can be processed. Requests must be paid for, either by credit card or by providing a valid departmental fund number, before they are processed, and requests not paid for within seven (7) days from the submission date will be deleted.
- Make an appointment to drop off your items; after we receive payment or a valid fund number, you will receive a follow up email from a member of the CrAFTy Crew with a link to our contactless pick up and drop off calendar. You will select a 15 minute window to drop off your items so we can move ahead laminating your items!
- The Crew creates your items; our CrAFTy Crew gets to work laminating your items! After they are completed, they are trimmed to size and wiped down with an isopropyl alcohol solution and set aside to quarantine for an appropriate period of time (usually one business day).
- Pick up your completed items; You will receive an email when your items are successfully created and ready to go with a link to the contactless pick up and drop off calendar. You will select a 15 minute window to come pick up your completed and sanitized items!