The CrAFT Studio will be closed from Thursday, June 1st through Monday, June 5th. Orders will be fulfilled on Tuesday, June 6th.
Additionally, the Studio will be closed from mid-day Thursday, June 8th through Friday, June 16th. Orders will be fulfilled again starting Monday, June 19th.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as Amanda travels!
The CrAFT Studio is operating on a limited, as-needed basis during the summer term.
Print processing times can and will be extended during the summer term. Please contact the CrAFT Studio at email@example.com for lead and processing times on jobs before sending the request in.
This page houses all of the updates we make to services every semester as a landing page and will be updated as items change.
• POSTER PRICING UPDATE FOR FALL 2022; As our costs have risen almost 300% over the last two years in regards to paper and ink, the studio has updated our pricing structure for large format prints for the first time in our six year operating history. We are still only charging for supplies and wear and tear on our machines and are still the most affordable, high quality option for our campus community. In addition, we have clarified the description of our paper finishes on the large format printing information page to more accurately reflect the paper weight and best application. All weight description and the updated pricing list is available on our Large Format Printing page.
• The studio is now OPEN to walk-in visits as of Wednesday, August 17th!; Our space is small and not extremely well ventilated, so we do ask that if you are not feeling well to please stay home. We are still available via email, chat, and phone during our normal operating hours!
• The high touch services are back! We will be resuming lending out our iPad Pros, iPads, and sewing machine for in-house use only. If you need to check out these for out-of-the-library use, check out the library's new flex kits (coming soon!)
• We are back to pre-COVID processing times. Please allow for two (2) days minimum processing time for large format prints (without a rush fee), standard filament 3D prints (specialty filament takes an additional day), desktop cutting, laminating, and button making.
• Why we ask for this time? We endeavor to complete jobs faster, but the CrAFT Studio has a number of services we have to balance! We also take pride in quality control; when you submit a job, the staff of the CrAFT Studio take the time to run all designs through a thorough quality check, including aspects such as image quality, spelling and/or syntax issues, printability, and formatting issues.
• What happens next? After that process and the item is paid for or arrangements are made to charge a department, we make sure that your item is successfully printed/cut/laminated/created, and that can sometimes take multiple attempts. Rest assured we only charge for successful items!
• Rush processing is available for a fee on some services. Priority processing (+$5 per submission) is now guaranteed next day printing if submitted before 2:00 pm and express (+$10 per submission) is now guaranteed same day printing is submitted before 2:00 pm on large format prints only.
• What if I need a rush process on another service?. We cannot guarantee rush processing on all services; contact the Studio to inquire and if we are able to facilitate it, the applicable fee will be applied to your request.
• New Pick-Up/Drop-Off Location! We are now offering appointment-less pick-up right outside of the studio door. We will still be utilizing appointments for dropping off items for lamination, button making, and heat pressing just to ensure continued quality of items.
• How do I request this?One of the CrAFTy Crew will be in touch with a link to our calendar after you approve of the cost estimate. You will make a reservation for a 15 minute window where you drop-off specialty supplies like items to be laminated, approved vinyl you provide for the desktop cutter, items to be heat pressed, or button inserts.