Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Hiden Ramsey Library, University of North Carolina at Asheville
Ramsey Library is committed to providing physical access to materials and resources for all library users.
UNC Asheville students, faculty, staff, and other users who require assistance in pulling materials from less accessible areas or in using self-service equipment and services may request assistance from personnel at the following service desks: Circulation, Research & Technology, Interlibrary Loan, Media Design Lab, and CrAFT Studio.
Please feel free to ask for assistance if you need it. All requests are strictly confidential.
Accessible parking is available at the end of Library Lane.
For wheelchair access to the library, please call 828-251-6336 for assistance in gaining entry from Library Lane.
Accessible sidewalk access is available from parking lots P24 & P27 (map). See all accessible parking options on campus.
Accessible Campus Shuttle Service is available from all lots on campus.
An elevator at the rear of the building provides accessible access to all three floors.
Ask for staff assistance in locating wheelchair accessible restrooms, computers, and drinking fountains.
Remote Reference Assistance
Services & Resources
- Material retrieval
- Material copying/scanning
- Electronic resource assistance
- Assistance in obtaining ABC Express, Interlibrary Loan, and Reserve Materials
- Assistance in using media equipment
- Assistance in using assistive technologies
- JAWS, Read & Write Gold and ZoomText software
Adaptive Equipment (available for use with adaptive software)
- Noise Reduction Headphones
- Headset with Microphone
- Dedicated Study Carrel (available to students registered with the Office of Academic Accessibility)
- PC with adaptive software installed
- Detachable wireless keyboard
- Large table suitable for group work
- Large monitor with adjustable positioning wall bracket