UPDATE: We are pleased to announce our 2016 contest winners! Thanks to all the great artist/authors who entered!
Submissions will be evaluated on most effective narrative pairing of words and image.
See previous winning entries.
Larkin Ford (Larkin Ford Art)
James Lyle (James Lyle, Illustrator)
Lauren J. Patton (Zapow!)
Colin Sutherland (Woolly Press)
Jessica White (Heroes & Criminals Press, Ladies of Letterpress and Asheville Zine Fest)
1) The contest is open to current UNC Asheville students.
2) Submissions may be the work of either one student or a group of two students.
3) All entries must be original works.
4) Entrants retain intellectual property rights to material submitted.
5) Entrants may submit more than one piece but must complete the application form separately for each submission.
6) Winning submissions & honorable mentions may be exhibited in Ramsey Library after the contest.
7) The judges' decision is final.
Sponsored by: The Belk Distinguished Professor, The UNC Asheville Department of Art and Art History, and D. Hiden Ramsey Library.
Organized by Cynthia Canejo (Art & Art History, UNC Asheville) and Brandy Bourne (Ramsey Library, UNC Asheville)