Submissions will be evaluated on most effective storytelling through sequential art (with or without words).
See winning entries from 2011 and 2016.
Sasha Hussey (UNC Asheville Media Design Lab)
James Lyle (James Lyle, Illustrator)
1) The contest is open to current UNC Asheville students.
2) Submissions may be the work of either one student or a group of two students.
3) All entries must be original works.
4) Entrants retain intellectual property rights to material submitted.
5) Entrants may submit more than one piece but must complete the application form separately for each submission.
6) Winning submissions & honorable mentions may be exhibited in Ramsey Library after the contest.
7) The judges' decision is final.
Sponsored by: National Cartoonists Society, The Southeast Chapter National Cartoonists Society, The UNC Asheville Department of Art and Art History, and D. Hiden Ramsey Library.
Organized by Cynthia Canejo (Art & Art History, UNC Asheville) and Brandy Bourne (Ramsey Library, UNC Asheville)